Saturday, May 30, 2009

Milestone!!!

Maddie poops on the potty!!!! for the last five days Maddie has taken it upon herself to tell us that she needs to go on the potty.  So she runs into the bathroom very excited... i ask if she needs help and that is a BIG NO!   then she very politely says "bye bye mommy"  my cue to leave the room apparently :)  and then she runs out after the deed is done to have me come and see and jump around with her :)  the joys of being a mother... celebrating over poop :)  haha...  And my favorite part of the story is the other day as i was cleaning and maddie was on the potty, i could here her singing  "shake, shake, shake... shake your booter"  which translated is booty :)  I sometimes find it hard to breathe i am so happy!  i love my little family... i have the best and cutest husband... and two beautiful girls that put a smile on my face that won't fade!  


Also Mia had a milestone too.... she giggled for the first time the other day :)  We were feeding the ducks the other day and Mia would not take her eyes off them and she had the biggest grin that turned into the cutest giggle!  What Fun!

6 comments:

The Burnetts said...

What?! Maddie just potty trains herself?! Can she come and teach tay? After more than a year of trying, we are FINALLY seeing success! Yay for Maddie - that's awesome!

Josh and Megan said...

That's awesome! You're going to have to give me much need advice when I get to that stage. No pictures?! Bummer!

Jess said...

Shake your booter! hahaha! How cute.

Ty and Janene said...

I am jealous Tanley has no desire but she has pee pee 'd a few times so hopefully soon you should come visit me!

Jessett said...

That is awesome. It is so funny what us moms get so excited over now. Being a mom is the BEST.

Good job Maddie and Mia!!!

You sure do have some beautiful girls!

Phillips Fam said...

Hey Laura it's Katy. I ran into your blog on Malea's and wanted to say Hi. We havent run into you at Albertsons for a while:) i didnt even know you had another kid!!! Your girls are so cute. I had a little girl on March 27th so i think they are really close! Are you still in St. George?