Monday, December 14, 2009

T-shirt dress...

I LOVE a project!! i am always checking out new blogs for fun things that i want to re-create and my newest favorite blog would have to be MADE (there is a button for the site on the side :) ... anyway this girl does the most amazing sewing projects... she takes di clothes and makes them SWEEEET!! so i decided i wanted to try it... i went to di.. and got a shirt and transformed it into something pretty cute :) i think :) here it is!........


The shirt i bought for a dollar :).... don't mind the writing, it doesn't show in the final product..


the final product... a cute little dress to wear with leggings, and my favorite.... maddie's leg warmers! it's way too much fun getting her ready... she's my life size barbie :)


here is the close up of the "smocking".... its not really smocking.. it's called shirring and it's soooo easy!!

i had soooo much fun trying something new.. it's not perfect, but it was a fun project and cute for a dollar!

11 comments:

dana said...

CUTE! I love it in gray!

harmony marie said...

Holy Cow, I'm way impressed that is super cute! Way cute. You should try to sell things like that on Etsy.com. People go crazy for recycled clothing. I loved it.

Leslee said...

Okay, I am duly impressed and amazed at how you jump into things (shirring is not easy) and make something out of nothing.. seriously, that shirt looked like nothing, and there you have something for Maddie to wear... so as I said, something out of nothing!!!

Kurtis and Iva said...

Love it! I'm supper impressed with your mad skills! One day I hope I sew like you!

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

Wow... I've seen other people do things like this. It's so ambitious and THRIFTY. Way to go, you are so talented. I'm so sad for you and Anna to miss your walks together. I won't have anyone I want to honk at on my way to work.

Rhonda Riley said...

Yo' mama told me to check out your site and I love it! That dress is soooo cute! I think you do have life size 'dolls'. See you soon sweetie!!!

Anna said...

Oh my word that is sooo cute!!! You are truly amazing. I was just telling my Mom how you see something and figure out how to make it yourself, you are too talented! I can just see Maddie in it with her warmers, how cute :)

Liz Smith said...

oh my gosh, laura, you are awesome! that is so cool! you're so creative and talented!!!

Josh and Megan said...

I'll take it! I will even pay you $2! You would double your money! ha ha ya right I would pay way more! You are a domestic godess!

The Rollo Crew said...

Seriously you are so dang cute!! When I grow up can I be like you? Thanks for the Christmas card it was so cute. We didn't get time to do one this year...may be next year. :)
Miss ya!
XOXO Melanie

Newton Party of FIVE. said...

WOW!!! That's sooo AWESOME!!! GREAT JOB!!!