Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009!

We had a BLAST this christmas spending it with family in California!!! we were able to go for just shy of two weeks! nothing like feeling like a kid again at your mom's house :) we were able to relax, go in the spa... shawn dove into the freezing pool!, see both my brothers and their families!, shop, eat, got sick, parties, the mall, movies, D-land, pretend city, running in the Warmer weather, and so much more!!! here are a few pictures.... okay that's an understatement... here is an album of pictures :)


Dinner at BJ's Pizza with just us :) we had fun the first night just going to dinner and then hitting up the crowded brea mall :)


Miss Mia .... what a gem!


She slept all the way to the restraunt and then all the way through dinner :)


We were laughing at ourselves because we found ourselves texting love notes to each other while we were at dinner together.... only in this day and age right?


My sister in law Laura threw a cookie exchange party that i was able to go to this year!!! she is amazing!! the kids had fun with crafts and decorating sugar cookies while we got to exchange loads of cookies to take home in cute boxes and bags :)


maddie enjoying an ice cream cone at one of my favorite restraunts... ruby's! what a doll!


we went to the pretend city one day... it was sooo much fun, and so cool! here is the play beach :)

... and santa came to town.... look at that smile!!!! pure joy :)

and maddie with her cousin emily digging in the garden :)

Miss Mia with grandma picking strawberries :) Fun Fun Place !!!


DISNEYLAND!! we had such a magical time at disneyland :) we were able to go with my parents for a few hours and then we hung out just the warner crew for another few hours and then we took the kids home to get in bed and we were able to come back from 8-midnight ALONE!!! YAY!!! it was such a highlight in our trip to get to play by ourselves and go on a special date :) thanks sooo much mom and dad!!


grandpa with Mia


Funny how the kids love the carousel at disneyland? maybe we should have saved our money and just gone to south coast plaza?


In line for peter pan.... i was so thrilled to go on this one! it's been a while and i loved it! so did the kids.
disneyland was way fun and i will be craving another frozen lemonade until next time for sure!


grandma with her cute grandkids in their christmas jammies :)

Christmas Morning!!

Maddie with her big santa gift... a fancy dollhouse! BIG HIT!!


Mia with her big santa gift.... her princess car :)


maddie and Mason playing with their computers :)


for christmas dinner we went to laura's house.... just look at this table!!! BEAUTIFUL! again... she is so amazing.... i am trying to learn everything i can from her :)

and the food.... sooooo yummy! everything was so gourmet :) loved every single minute of it!


Shawn's newest father of the year picture :) i love the little girl on his head wearing her tutu, mink stole, hat, and coloring all while on top of her daddy's shoulders... and then little mia who looks like she is falling but she doesn't care because she is being included :) and then shawn... no words needed :)

6 comments:

Leslee said...

Wow, you got it all on pictures... I will send the 280 pictures I took on my camera and then you'll have to reblog to tell yet another set of stories... but truly, it was a magical Christmas and the fact all of my kids were here along with all 6 grandkids... it simply doesn't get any better than that. This Grandma is truly living a "Charmed Life"... by the way, I L-O-V-E my book called "A Charmed Life" with all my prized possessions pictured in it... (my family and kids and grandkids)... anyway, thank you guys for making this a special Christmas! Love you... Mom aka Grandma

Anna said...

What a fun time! I love seeing all the pictures, I feel like we haven't seen you guys forever! Everything sounded so fun and I loved the Christmas dinner set-up and the food looked so yummy. What a cute dollhouse too :)

Amanda said...

Look how cute your little family is!! Looks like you guys had one heck of a vacation, I am sooo jealous!! I am sooo excited to start up joyschool again :)

Liz Smith said...

RUBY'S!!! Oh how i LOVE that place!!! I don't know how often I find myself craving their oreo cookie milkshakes. mmm.....sooo good!

I heart california.

Jess said...

What a great Christmas!!! I LOVE Shawn's face in the last picture, cracks me up!

Leslee said...

Love the new picture of you and Maddie... so cute... every picture I see of her it seems she's grown an inch or two... and you've shrunk... fun! xoxoxo Mom