Thursday, December 3, 2009

Jump start to Christmas!

Every year we bundle up and head on out to the mountains to get our Christmas tree! we look forward to it every year and love this tradition we have started with our family :)


yay for Christmas tree hunting :)



Maddie loved playing in the snow...... for the first 15 minutes ;) she must get that from her mother!


What a trooper... she tried walking in the snow but once she fell in down to her waist it was a ride in our arms from then on. i must also add that this was the first year that shawn didn't complain once :) usually he makes me pick a tree after the first ten minutes of walking around... he was very patient and i only had to hear maddie ask for her pajamas and hot chocolate 50 before we found our perfect tree!


Here it is... all that work for this glorious piece of nature that will soon take up our entire living room :) (what a weird tradition to chop down a tree and stick it in your house and put presents under it.... who thought of that one?)


Oh mads.... what a silly little girl! she LOVED santa... when she saw him she ran to him and lept into his lap and immediately told him she wanted a horse, a dog, and a lamb for christmas :) (how am i supposed to tell her that santa will not be delivering livestock to our house this year... or ever!! )... anyway, she was his little best friend and sat on his lap for like 10 minutes... there were no other people in line. And at the end he got a big "good bye santa"... Mia on the other hand cried after the second picture taken :)



The tree chopped down about 5 feet so we could fit it in our house (it was quite the beast for shawn to drag through the snow) .... decorated... and ready for christmas time :)


My very favorite decoration this year!! i made this with the leftover tree branches :) It makes me soooo happy!

11 comments:

harmony marie said...

Very Cute Wreath!!!

Anna said...

Love it all! I saw the wreath earlier today on your door and loved it, you are too creative. What a fun tree I am so jealous. So cute!!!

neil and aubs said...

Darling pictures with Santa! I saw that tree in your driveway and thought, how the heck are they going to fit that one?! But you did it, and it looks beautiful!!!

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

Way to go Laura....Dan and I are wimps, we have a fake tree. I'm impressed by your cute wreath great job!

Liz Smith said...

yay! it looks so pretty! i love that you guys have this tradition...your girls are going to have some great memories. love the wreath!

Bundy Family said...

I'm going to call you when we get our tree to use the extra branches as a wreath. Cute pictures of Maddie and Santa she is such a sweat heart.

Jess said...

Christmas tree hunting is the best tradition! You're tree looks great!

Andrea said...

Awww... I love your tree. I think your little fam is so cute! What a fun tradition to go cut down a tree.
And I love your wreathe too! Such a crafty lady! :)

Leslee said...

Oh my gosh, your tree is TWICE as tall as you are! And the girls look like little Christmas Presents sitting under the tree!!! Love it all! I feel like such a wimp getting my Costco wreathe... again... We got our tree and it's really drinking lots of water! Yippee! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas! xoxo Mom

Ty and Janene said...

I am so sad I wasn't here to see you. Let me know when you guys can come up for christmas dinner ok

Josh and Megan said...

I love when you post! It makes me laugh out loud! Being outside in the snow for 15 minutes, no livestock...seriously? When did you get so funny? ha ha just kidding...you have always been funny! I love all the pics and your wreath! Are you going to CA for Christmas? WE ARE! LET'S SEE EACHOTHER!