Wednesday, December 8, 2010

my mom bought these lights for me when they were on super clearance (love a deal) ... anyway i have had them in my attic for about 5 years now because my husband keeps refusing to put them up.. well this year maddie asks daddy and what do you know.. he comes home early from work that day and puts them up !! no hassling needed :) yay!! my very own sparkly house!! .... oh and as you can see... safety first at the warners!!!!








on to my favorite yearly tradition....the Christmas tree hunt..and we almost missed it this year! i was sick all weekend feeling HORRIBLE!! then sunday morning i heard that my family was going to go without me?! no way i would miss it... so luckily i felt good enough to go and we got a biggie :) i have no sense of scale when we go each year...

ummmm.... yah , we had to trim it a bit :)









and the end result!!! ( notice maddie holding her nose?.... it's because mia had a stinky diaper .. haha!)




and a tired little girl who fell asleep sitting up :)

7 comments:

harmony marie said...

I love seeing your family! If only in person more often. Sigh. Tell shawn good luck on finishing up his last couple months.

Liz Smith said...

maddie is such a daddy's girl...i LOVE it!!!!

great tree! oh how i MISS real trees sooooo much!!!! I really like your tradition of getting one at a tree farm. Maybe one day we'll do it, but i am soooo wussy out here. The thought of going out hiking for a tree in the cold is so unappealing. We're in the single digits with sub-zero wind chill so it is so much easier to put up the fake tree. :(

Leslee said...

So there you have it... your Christmas Card for next year... Maddie and Mia standing in front of that drop-dead gorgeous christmas tree with Maddie holding her nose because Mia "stinks"... ha... LOVE IT! I loved pic of Mia sitting up sleeping... what a little doll... that tree was so big... you could have taken the portion you cut off and had enough wood to heat a house for a season... ha... I love how full it is ... really a beautiful tree... fun times! xoxo Mom

Anna said...

What a fun tradition! Good thing you were able to go :) I love all the pics, too fun! Yay for xmas lights on the outside! I love your tree so big and full and I love how big it is :)

Amanda said...

He seriously does not have Mia in a backpack hanging the Christmas lights?!?! It seems to me that Maddie has Daddy wrapped around her teeny tiny little finger :)I love your Christmas tree, what a fun tradition :)

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

LOVE THEM!! I just got your card today, and was going to text you but forgot :) SO CUTE!!! HEy, the eyelashes look awesome, you should try the lash growing stuff, it totally works and their your own lashes!!! You can get it at beauty supply stores...or I got mine at Costco :) RApid lash...can't believe the difference!!! But honestly, your pics are to die for, and you look beautiful as always! Merry Christmas...we may have happy new year cards, but you will get one :)

Leslee said...

Okay, I NEED more pics... missing those little girls... xoxo Mom