Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Playa Del Carmen :)

I have been BEGGING shawn to take me on a beach vacation just the two of us and we finally had the chance!! YAY!!! so we planned a trip to Playa del Carmen... (it's near cancun in mexico). We had soooo much fun! Having two spunky little girls we sometime have a hard time focusing on each other... we were so lucky that my Mom was able to take them for a week!!!... so we were able to RELAX... and celebrate our 7th anniversary in style :) we have both been here before so we didn't care if we did any of the touristy things and so we just woke up at our leisure.... walked 100 ft to the beach... layed out, swam, ate... repeat.... around 6pm we would head in from the beach to get ready for walking around 5th avinue... which is sort of like playa's "strip" :) ... and i swear we did this EVERYday and i probably could do that for the rest of my life :) well here are a few fun pix of our second honeymoon :)... hopefully we will have a 3rd and 4th honeymoon very SOON!


View from the plane... can't wait to land and jump into that beautiful water!!!


When we got there we quickly checked into our hotel room and headed to the beach for some sun, sand, water, and ceviche :) mmmm.. yum!


My sweet boy!


i LOVE the colors in his picture.. the water was AMAZING and probably about 80 degrees!


Our home away from home... this is where we spent the majority of our time.


No words needed :)





our hotel had a deal with this hotel so we could lay out on their chairs... super nice hotel, and super $$$$. we took a slightly cheaper route :).


The love of my life! i am so lucky to be married to my best friend :)


In Mexico and out to dinner at an Italian place :)


us in front of OUR hotel... we LOVED it!! we would totally go back :)


Our room was tucked away in a little garden area...




The pool at our hotel..


mmm... sushi dinner!


I love to take kissing photos... i just wish shawn did too! haha.. i kissed .. he bit!


GQ baby!


They had a bunch of gelato places that were soooo good! this was my favorite :)


our last lunch before we had to fly out...





Poor shawnie didn't feel so good on the flight home... he thought he better just be prepared :)


checking out our escape ... better safe than sorry!


THE HAPPY COUPLE!

Happy seventh anniversary babe!! i love you sooo much and am so happy to be married to you :) thanks for such a memorable trip.... but PLEASE take me back soon!!!

11 comments:

The Good Life said...

So fun! No fair Laura, your body is way HOT!!! I want to look like that after 2 kiddos. What's the secret? I love your bathing suits. You have such great style. What a fun trip. I love 2nd honeymoons.

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

LOOKS so fun! I LOVE 2nd Honeymoons:) There's nothing better...well, maybe a 3rd!! You look amazing, and Im jealous of the tan! Glad you were able to spend time with your babe, and enjoy some time alone!

Leslee said...

I had so much fun with Maddie and Mia while you were gone... My house is so quiet now... but I think the thing I miss the most is the cuddling with sleepy little girls in the morning and at night... that was a special time... That trip should take you through the next few months living on your wonderful memories... I can't believe you've been married for 7 years... where does the time go? Love you lots... xoxo Mom

Liz Smith said...

OMG, Laura! you are rockin' those bikinis! tell me how you get your abs! that, plus your awesome haircut and tan...you're HOT!!!!!!! how awesome that you got to go to mexico. it makes me miss cancun sooo much. im all about taking multiple honeymoons! hopefully you guys get to do it again soon. :D

Anna said...

Happy 7th Anniversary!!! Wahoo for beaches and tans and yummy food! Sounds like so much fun and I am beyond jealous :) You are smokin' hot, your hair is getting so long and I long for a tan ... fun times.

Bridget and Derrik said...

WOW Laura, can you say HOTTIE! Seriously you are my new motivation to get my Flab to the gym, Really though you look SO GOOD! I wouldn't even say for having 2 kids, more like I can't Believe you've had even 1 :) And I LOVE the strip bikini! Shawn dont feel left out, your lookin Rockin too :) So glad you guys were able to get away just the 2 of you! Love the Pic's...

erin2kay said...

Looks amazing! the water is so CLEAR! :) And I love how you both are super tan now!! :)

Josh and Megan said...

I have to agree with everyone else...you are one hot mama and Shawn is one lucky man! I was going to call you and convince you to come take a little vacay to SL this summer...but now you have to wait till I get tan and skinny...oh wait, who are we kidding, I will NEVER be as tan as you and have rockin abs like yours...so just come anyway and we will stay away from the pool! SO JEALOUS OF YOUR TRIP! I WOULD LOVE TO GO ON ONE WITH YOU GUYS SOMETIME! Wouldn't that be fun?

Jerry and Kathryn said...

That looks like so much fun! So glad you guys were able to take a vacation.

Newton Party of FIVE. said...

How FUN & ROMANTIC! ;) You look AMAZING Laura! Your one hot mama! I LOVE the Tan!!! Congrats on your 7 year anniversary! You two are the cutest! : )

harmony marie said...

My Goal, be able to post a photo as a Hot Mama.