Monday, February 15, 2010

A blissful slumber

i recently re-decorated my bedroom... i found this comforter i LOVE and started working around it :) i bought the furniture on craisgslist and painted and glazed them and of course added new hardware :) then i found my lamps on clearence at tj max! and my "W" at kohls (i love this w... so silly but i just think it's so cute ! it was black and i painted it silver :) i recovered my old pillows and painted the branches on the wall! i am really happy with the final look of the room and the best part is shawn LOVES it!







and i covered my kitchen chairs! they were so dirty from maddie eating, painting, play doughing, etc... and finally i decided it was time to rejuvinate these babies! it was only $20 and so i figure if they get disgusting again then i can just recover again right?! but for now i love them... they add just the right amount of funk!

13 comments:

Anna said...

LOVE IT ALL!!! Oh my goodness you are so talented, I love your room every bit of it and jealous too, I would stay in there all day :) And I love the recovered chairs, looks so fun!!! Ahhh I miss being there to see it all in person.

harmony marie said...

So cool! Very eclectic!

Liz Smith said...

OMG, Laura!!!! it looks soooooo good!!!!! you are so talented. i would love to make our bedroom soothing and cozy like that. :) good job!!!!!!!!

Jess said...

Laura, you're officially hired to decorate my master bedroom! Holy cow, you are one talented woman!!!

Amanda said...

You are amazing!! I love it!

Jill said...

It's looks just as good in the pictures as it does in person!! Good job! You are amazing

Brad and Kaci said...

Holy cow!!!!!!! I love your bedroom. It ALL turned out so good! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

Great re-do!! I love the color palette. It's so soft, you will definitley get some great sleep there :)

The Rollo Crew said...

Will you teach me your tricks someday? I don't even know how to thread my sewing machine??
XOXO Melanie

Josh and Megan said...

I LOVE IT! Seriously, every time I see your blog I want to call you so you can feel my excitement! How do you do it all...projects, be a fab mom and wife, keep up on your hot bod, etc, etc, etc...you are amazing!
p.s. I am so sad you got rid of your dogs! I can't believe I didn't comment about that!

Leslee said...

It all looks great in pictures but the full effect in person is amazing... really creates a feeling of calmness and relaxation... so fun...I loved what you created.. loved the tree for sure! Good job by you! xoxo mom

Kurtis and Iva said...

Love it!!

The Burnetts said...

when (if) we ever get a house, will you come and help me decorate?! Pretty please!