Monday, October 19, 2009

Okay, so all of you who know Shawn well need no explanation ... for those of you who are a little less familiar with my husband should know that he is a man of many trades, is always working on something, LOVES to work :), is the worlds best networker, loves to provide for his family, and Loves a bargain.... hmmm let me rephrase that... loves to get something for FREE!! We were hanging out in the garage the other day and we got to talking about all the fun things that we have literally pulled out of the trash :) WOW we're classy! anyway, we thought it would make for a fun blog! here are a few we could think of.... ( side note: we have thouroughly cleaned all of these items.... with soap:)



here is Maddie's new "barbie" bike ... she feels so big riding it and Loves it!! This was a spectacular find... almost brand new and was in the trash because of two flat tires and a bent training wheel.... we gave it a good home and fixed it up... love it!


I don't love this chair but shawn insisted i blog it... just an ugly camping chair, but needless to say it was FREE!


i saw this rocking chair hanging out by the garbage and thought maybe shawn could fix it (one of the legs was broken) and then we could sell it on craigslist for $5 (thats 5 diet cokes)... but i love to sit in it while shawn hangs out in the garage... guess were keeping it for now !


ugly trike that i desperately want to throw back in the trash!!! but maddie loves it and all the neighborhood kids love it too... it's a hit! I still HATE it!


The window behind the wreath we got off a house shawn was demolishing.. i got a bunch of them and ended up selling quite a few :) This is a great example of how to make money off of trash :) Cute huh?


we were walking in Yorba Linda CA (where i'm from) when we saw this beauty sticking out of a trash can.. i was sooo embarrassed as shawn knocked on these strangers door and asked if we could take a looksie in their garbage .... they were way nice about it and let us take this play piece and the next beauty too..

our bath buddy! This was honestly never used... yay for free baby gear!


I spied this one... it was missing the swing part but shawn was able to make one.... we figure if maddie gets a little fun out of it , it was worth it :)


Lastly... my sweet girlies!! they love each other!!!

6 comments:

Leslee said...

Yes, as I've said before, Shawn's a keeper... her bike is unreal... looks like new! (Good job, Shawn)... Paul will be impressed!!!
Keep digging! xoxox

Liz Smith said...

wow, im impressed! one persons trash is another person's treasure. It's awesome that he can fix stuff up. nice work!

derek said...

I LOVE TRASH Digging! Which is why I love the DI, it's so funny when people comment on my outfits, and then when I say, I got it at the Di, they then look slightly disgruntled. Derek's cousins dumpster dive and their kids always ask if "they have to stop at this trash can etc." Try the Pier 1 Imports, they say there are some beauties in there!

Josh and Megan said...

LOVE IT! You guys rock...can we be neighbors PLEASE!?! All of your posts have been making me miss you so much lately! I loved the part about you being emabarassed while walking in YL! ha ha! Can't wait for part 2! Love yoU!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

So...I need to start doing this, RIGHT NOW! I am so impressed with FREE stuff!

I haven't looked at your blog for a while! I can't believe how beautiful your girls are..and you of course! And how creative, inovative and amazing you are! I loved every post, every picture and every word! Im coming down halloween week (wed-sunday) with my sisters and mama! CAn we come see you and meet little Mia??!?! Im going to call you, so...wait by the phone k! I want to see your halloween decor in person! Love ya

Anna said...

You are lucky he finds such quality junk :) Maddie is too cute riding her bike, so advanced. Addie just saw your blog and said "look there are my friends-Maddie, Mia, and Laura". We miss you guys :) Glad you made it safely and hope you are having fun.