Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm obsessed!!!

Okay, so it all started with the blog that i have a button for (all things thrifty... definitely check it out)... then i ventured off onto a bloggers site that commented on "all things thrifty"... i had no idea that there was this amazing world of thrifty home design and Do it yourselfers :) i have no life anymore, all i want to do is find cool things on these blogs to re-create and design my home! my butt is surely getting flatter and wider form sitting in front of the computer for hours at a time, my trips to the DI have turned quite frequent (i would go twice a day if i had no self control.. i swear), i am buying spray paint by the cart full, and polka dots have a whole new meaning in my life (i always loved them... but they may be getting out of control :)



on my blogging journey i found the coolest entry way idea and wanted to re-create it...( go to inthefunlane.com to see the real deal) .. but i am pumped about how mine turned out!!


i love simplicity!!! so not many decorations on this wall but i LOVE my pumpkin witch!




i love these pumkins! i bought them orange at walmart for a dollar and then spiced them up with a little spray paint, polka dots and some love :) i did three little ones first and then i needed more so i bought two big pumpkins to doll up and a box to give some height to my entry way set up:)

10 comments:

The Good Life said...

You are too cute! I love your style. Way to be fabulous and frugal!

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

Laura you CRACK me up! I know...it's totally addicting. You have to come see our Halloween get up when I have it all up. We need to hang out again. Talk to ya soon!

Hey, e-mail me your phone number to danandbrooke@msn.com that way I'll be able to get a hold of you. Who says only our husbands can talk!?!? ;)

Liz Smith said...

cute!!! decorating can be so expensive so it's always fun to find ways to do it for less. you have a good eye...wanna come decorate my house? :P

Leslee said...

I AM SO IMPRESSED! I love your polka dots and I love your simplicity... that witch pumpkin is calling my name... so cute! This makes me want to go out and hang spooks from my tree in the front yard.... so much fun! I'll bet Maddie is getting such a kick out of her fun mommy! xoxo Mom

erin2kay said...

Love it! I am totally into DIY as well...especially with the wedding plans! :)

Jess said...

You're so crafty! I love it! You need to teach me.

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

How fun! I drove by your house this morning and saw that you had already been at it getting ready for Halloween.

I to love to read the how to blogs...There are seriously some creative people out there.

Josh and Megan said...

um, hello...this is why we are supposed to live by each other! Except being cheap would become expensive because we would do this all day! (and you would probably talk me into buying $200 jeans!) ha ha! I LOVE your decorations...my Halloween stuff is wimpy...I should do it!

Anna said...

Your decorations are too cute, love the polka dot pumpkins so much!

Amanda said...

You are so creative, they are darling!!