Monday, July 13, 2009

Lake Tahoe

I have been going to lake tahoe with my family since i was a baby. it was always something to look forward to each summer. So now that i have a family of my own i want to share it with them. we love to go to tahoe and camp at our favorite spots, spend the day at our favorite beaches, and a family tradition is to get a loaf of french bread and butter at raley's supermarket :) we made sure to do all these things and we had a great week spent with family :)
Maddie posing in the trees...

our first day at the beach... maddie did NOT want to ride in the kayak, but daddy didn't care
:)

Our second day we went to sand harbor... Beautiful!!!! daddy amd maddie had fun playing in the sand...

My sweet sun Bunnies!

grandma, grandpa, and mia

bath time in the woods... not super effective, but better than nothing:)

warm and cozy...

grandpa and Mia lounging on the beach for the third day in a row :)

3 generations :)

Family Photo....

roasting marshmallows...Maddie is such the little camper!

i love a thumb sucker!



8 comments:

derek said...

Cute Cute Cute! Your family is one of my favorites to see pictures about. I love Mia's Blue eyes and dark hair, we were just talking about how cute those two things are together!!

Jess said...

You guys do some fun stuff! Looks like a lot of fun, what great memories your kids will have!

Liz Smith said...

i love it! i have never been to tahoe but have always wanted to. i loved your pics!

Anna said...

What fun pictures, it looks so nice there. I am impressed that you gave Mia a bath while camping. Your 4th of July activities sound fun too, nice one on running a 5K. Totally jealous.

The Burnetts said...

yay! looks like so much fun! we definitely need to see you guys soon!

Josh and Megan said...

YOU LOOK AMAZING! I am jealous of your hot bod...can I have it? Fun trip...I love that you can camp with a baby! I don't think I could ever do it!

Leslee said...

Dad and I had so much fun sharing your vacation in Tahoe... I especially loved the times Maddie would come into our tent in the early morning and play with my toys... and I loved having Mia sleep on me on the beach at Sand Harbor... and Dad and I got such a kick out of Shawn's ability to go out in the forest and get wood for our fires... he's amazing!!! I loved sitting on the beach with you and so many memories came back to me as we did that... hey, it doesn't get much better than Tahoe with your kids! Love you! Mom

Jill said...

Camping and lounging on the beach is the best kind of vacation!! I am glad you guys had so much fun! I love your swimsuit BTW!