Friday, August 15, 2008

What we've been up to ...

We have had so much fun these past two weeks!  Every year my mom and I get together for about two weeks and PLAY!  we do everything we want to do and nothing that we have to :)  This year we shopped like always, went to the beach twice, got a babysitter and went to the spa, fed the ducks, got a pedi, ate out everyday, sewed, laughed and played games!   My mom is my best friend and we have too much fun when we are together :)  I also felt like Maddie grew alot on this trip.  She talks quite a bit more and loves to make all her animal sounds... especially her elephant sound .  Anyway that is what we've been up to in a nutshell.... here are a few fun pix!


Beach day #1.... maddie ate handfuls of sand.... YUCK!

Beach day #2.... she is saying "cheese" .... one of her many new words.

popcorn party :)

Feeding the ducks.... she loved it! 

worn out from yet another day of shopping!

talking to daddy while playing at potterybarn kids :)  that is the best store to let your kids rome around in!

She loves the carousel.... we went to a couple different malls that had one and what a cheap thrill for such a cutie!


Just the first day of loot :)

10 comments:

Karley said...

I like your hair...whats the news on your bun in the oven?

Warner said...

You make my Augusts so much fun!  We have more fun than a mother and daughter should be allowed... but I have a feeling you and Maddie will always have a special August fun week as she grows up.  It's in our blood!  Anyway, I'm already missing Maddie's elephant sounds .. thank goodness for skype and cellphones.... xoxoox love all four of you!  Mom.

Leslee said...

Oh no, not again, I've written the above comment and I wrote it under your sign in (you didn't sign out of my computer...) soooooo.... warner didn't say that, but your mama did!  I tried to erase it but you know how good I am at fixing things... not... anyway, MIYL loves you!  xoxoxo Mom

The Drawes said...

Laura... you look so cute!! I wish my mom and I could do that! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

I love your hair!! I love your daughter!! I love you!!!

Brad and Kaci said...

Nothing like spending time with your mom. Looks like it was so much fun. Glad your home though! By the way I LOVE your hair!!! So cute on you.

Jess said...

Maddie's darling! And I know I already told you, but I love your hair! It's really cute.

Anna said...

I am so glad you are back and I am back. I can't wait to walking, splash parking, lunching, the works. Sounds like you had a way fun trip and your first day's loot looks way cute :)

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

LAURA! You and your mom are soooo cute! I love that you two are the best of friends!
I love you Hair! Its so cute, I wish I could get away with short hair! Hows that baby in the tummy? How far along are you now? Maddie is getting so big...its the best when they start to talk huh!!!
PS..I wish my behind looked like yours! hmmm, im feeling a little jealous:( Love ya!

Josh and Megan said...

Sexy hair...when did you chop it? I want to see you! Did you get prego clothes on your spree? What happened at your doctors appt? Post it or call me! Come spend a week with me and see all your SLC pals!

Rhonda Riley said...

I just love your new hairdo!!! Like everyone else I guess :) Anyway, Maddie...Laura...Leslee...quite the threesome! You guys are fun to follow ~ too much fun ~ can't wait to hear what we are expecting...love to you all...auntie rhonda